Archive for NEWS, prophecy, dreams, ZionsCRY, Bible, teaching, visions
  Forum Index -> Conspiracy, Terrorism

Obama chaos war on USA after Boston bombing

April 19, 2013  it appears kontrolled Borg news media have decided to generate fear and panic in the sheepl.
Dont be a sheep!  Turn TV, radio OFF.

Lockdown at Carroll University is lifted after reports of gunman on campus; suspect in custody
4/16/13  The lockdown at Carroll University has been lifted and police say they have a suspect in custody after a man was reportedly seen on campus carrying a firearm.
The school, which is 30 miles from Milwaukee, sent a text alert to students after the public safety office received a report of a man with a gun near the tennis courts.
Two students reported seeing a white male in his 50s walking with a gun near the northwest corner of the campus. Carroll has about 3,500 students and is located about 30 miles from Milwaukee in the city of Waukesha.
Student Affairs administrative assistant Yolanda Medina says no one is allowed to leave the campus buildings while the report is investigated. Classes were canceled.

So apparently, the man with the firearm didn't do anything, and probably wasn't going to do anything. Confused
FWIW, rules are rules, if no guns allowed on college campuses, so be it - but to put the entire univ on lockdown over some guy merely carrying a firearm? Confused

[b]BORG NEWS information apocalypse

No bomb found at Duke University building
4/16/13  DURHAM, N.C.
Police say they found nothing suspicious after a bomb threat was made about the student center at Duke University in Durham.
Duke spokesman Mike Schoenfeld said Durham police received an anonymous call early Tuesday and notified campus police.
Police evacuated the Bryan Center and searched the building.
The school says normal operations at the building resumed shortly after 9 a.m.
Schoenfeld says only a few people were in the building when the threat was made. The school had sent email and text messages to faculty, staff and students telling them to avoid the area until the building was cleared.
Classes are being held as scheduled.

Tarrant County College in Texas on lockdown after reports of gunman on campus
4/16/13  Tarrant County College in Fort Worth, Texas, is on lockdown after a report of a man seen with a gun on campus Tuesday morning, reported.
The school sent out an alert warning students and faculty to stay inside their classrooms and to use furniture for cover. They were also told to shut off any lights and close classroom blinds.  
The Star-Telegram reports that the lockdown is connected to a Grand Prairie police search for a suspected burglar in the area.

Huh? Does this make any sense to anyone? So some burglar decides to run all the way from Grand Prairie to Ft. Worth to hide out on some wide open college campus? Shocked  It's a good 30 minutes away...

Police: Man burned after opening package in Atlanta
4/16/13  ATLANTA - Authorities are investigating a possible explosion in southeast Atlanta on Tuesday afternoon.
A man was apparently burned after opening at package at 1599 Memorial Drive SE in Atlanta.
Fire and police crews were seen at the scene, along with Georgia Bureau of Investigation officials  and a bomb squad unit, FOX 5's Justin Gray reports.
The road was closed as the investigation was underway, Gray reports.

Unattended Backpack Prompts Bomb Scare At Ohio State University
4/16/13  COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Bomb Squad was called to the Ohio Union on the Ohio State University campus Tuesday evening because of a report of a suspicious package.
The bomb squad was called shortly after 5 p.m.
After searching the scene, authorities said it was an unattended backpack full of books that prompted the scare. The bomb squad blew up the bag as a precaution. Rolling Eyes
There were no injuries reported.

The university released a statement Tuesday night.
"Ohio State University officials report the evacuation has been lifted by the Columbus Division of Fire, and the Ohio Union will resume normal operations.  According to officials, the unattended package contained no explosives.  The university responded with every precaution to an unattended item in accordance with standard operating procedures. The university thanks the Columbus Division of Fire, the Columbus Division of Police and the Ohio State University Division of Police for the swift actions to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors to the Ohio Union."
Threatened Houston school lifts evacuation order after inspection
An evacuation at Westbury High School in southwest Houston due to a bomb threat has ended. The threat came a little before 9:30 a.m., causing an evacuation of the entire school at 11911 Chimney Rock, said Houston school district spokesman Jason Spencer. In an email message about 10:45 a.m., Spencer said school district police had completed a search of the building and had determined it was safe for students to return to class. No further information was available about the nature of the threat or how it was made. According to the Westbury High School website, the campus was also evacuated about 11 a.m. April 4, after an unidentified caller made a "general threat." After a 22-minute search, school administrators and the school district police department determined the school was safe for students' return, the website said. The origin of the April 4 call and the caller's identity remain under investigation.
Carroll Co. police investigating threat at court buildings
Circuit, District courts closed for the day

Carroll County Circuit and District court buildings will be closed all day Tuesday as the county sheriff's office investigates a bomb threat made to Circuit Court, police said in a statement. Earlier on Tuesday, the court buildings were evacuated and traffic within the immediate area detoured. Officials said that at approximately 8:30 a.m., Circuit Court received an anonymous call claiming that an explosive device had been left in one off the buildings.
Duke University evacuates building for bomb threat

DURHAM, N.C. –  Police are checking a bomb threat reported at the student center at Duke University in Durham. Duke spokesman Mike Schoenfeld said Durham police received an anonymous call early Tuesday and notified campus police. Police evacuated the Bryan Center and are searching the building. Schoenfeld says nothing has been found and the building is expected to be declared safe soon. He says only a few people were in the building when the threat was made. Classes are being held as scheduled. The school had sent email and text messages to faculty, staff and students telling them to avoid the area until the building is cleared. There have been no injuries.
Around Washington, security presence bolstered after Boston attacks

Expect to see more people in uniform, a greater display of law enforcement firepower, added security in places where it had been relaxed and increased efforts to poke into backpacks and purses. A day after an attack on an unlikely Boston target, hardly any place in Washington felt safe from aggression. It was a day when the numbing routine of submitting to scrutiny took on a comforting urgency. Watchful armed guards were out in great numbers Tuesday at all of the places long perceived as possible targets: airports, Metro, monuments, museums and the various institutions of governance. People who run the area’s big arenas and stadiums said they will revisit their precautions. Those who bear the security burden for schools, malls, parking garages and office buildings said they were rethinking, reviewing and consulting with their peers.

Suspected Bomb Being Investigated in Sweetwater: Cops
4/18/13  Sweetwater police are looking into a suspected bomb in front of a building at 11698 NW 21st Street, officials said.
The suspected bomb was addressed to President Obama and others, officials said.
Sweetwater Police and Miami-Dade Bomb Squad are on the scene. No other details were immediately available.

Cal State L.A. evacuated amid reported bomb threat
4/18/13  California State University’s Los Angeles campus was evacuated Thursday after a bomb threat, a local television station reported.
ABC affiliate KABC tweeted shorty before 4 p.m., “#BREAKINGNEWS Campus of @CalStateLA has been evacuated due to bomb threat, according to Cal State Office of Regents.”

The university’s Twitter account posted a series of similar tweets; however, it did not mention a bomb threat.
“The campus is being evacuated now. We’ll let you know as soon as we have more info,” the university tweeted at 3:56 p.m.
Mike Uhlenkamp, the school’s director of media relations, confirmed that the campus would be evacuated until further notice, the Los Angeles Times reported.

No bomb found after threats to 2 Calif. campuses
4/18/13  LOS ANGELES - When a 911 caller told Southern California police Thursday that there were bombs at two state universities, one campus decided to evacuate thousands of students while the other quietly conducted searches, allowing business to continue as usual.

Such are the judgment calls local officials, jittery after the Boston Marathon bombings, are being forced to make.
The El Monte Police Department, in suburban Los Angeles, received 911 calls at 10:37 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. from payphones about a mile apart in the center of city, said Sgt. Roger Cobian, a spokesman for the department.

"The caller in each said there were bombs at both Cal State LA and 'Cal State Berkeley,'" Cobian said. The department informed officials at California State University, Los Angeles, and the University of California, Berkeley, of the threats, and the investigation was turned over to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Cobian said the department believes the same person made both calls and that the person was likely male.;_ylt=AwrNUbDhnnBRtRkAlgbQtDMD

Explosives mailed to home of German president Joachim Gauck

A GERMAN police bomb squad has destroyed a letter containing an explosive substance that was sent to the Berlin residence of President Joachim Gauck, his office and security sources say. Mr Gauck, whose post as head of state is largely ceremonial, was not at the Bellevue Palace residence at the time, and no staff were endangered, an office spokeswoman said. The suspect letter was discovered in routine mail screening and destroyed on Friday in a controlled explosion in a remote part of the grounds of the palace in Berlin, said Mr Gauck's office. Security sources speaking on condition of anonymity confirmed the powder in the envelope was an explosive. The exact type was not yet known, but there was suspicion it was HMTD, a compound used as an initiating explosive in the mining industry that can be home-made. The interior ministry said there were no firm clues yet in the case, which was being handled by the federal police. Mr Gauck, 73, who was a Lutheran Christian pastor in the former communist East Germany and assumed his post as president early last year, is not considered a divisive public figure.
Little League games canceled after shooting at Vallejo ballpark

After gunfire erupted Wednesday night at a Little League Game in Vallejo, games have been suspended until safety concerns are met. The shooting occurred at a tee-ball game played by 5- and 6-year-olds in North Vallejo. When the gunfire started, all the children were told to get down on the ground. Some of the kids curled up underneath the benches, said Felisa Luna, a Little League coach. Luna described hearing dozens of shots that sent people running in panic from this baseball field. Two men were seen arguing in the parking lot and after one drove away and the other opened fire. "He riddled the victim's vehicle with bullets," said Vallejo police Lt. Lee Horton. "The victim was able to get out of the area without being hit. Little League president Greg Reason said one of the people involved may have been a parent. Reason he said doesn't know the shooter, and in light of what's happened, he suspended play. The board is calling all families together for an emergency meeting to discuss safety in a neighborhood known for violence. "One option would be we go across town, and play," Reason said. "We will find a way for these kids to play ball and enjoy their childhood." Bullets flew not only next to the ballpark, but by the nearby Boys and Girls Club where kids gather for after school activities. One mom said she was glad the games were on hold, even though her son was disappointed not to play Thursday. "They want to be able to go out there and play, and not worry that someone's going to get shot, a lot of kids are scared of that," said Laticia Bivins, a Little League mom. "Where can you go?" Luna said. "Where can your children go? They can't go to school without the threat. This is all these Vallejo kids have, and they love it." There are 200 children in the North Vallejo League who will miss more than a dozen games the next couple of days. The gunman is still on the loose and is described as a mixed-race man in his twenties, weighing 250 pounds and armed with a semi-automatic handgun.

2 injured after shots fired at Denver pot rally

Shots were fired at a Denver park Saturday, injuring two people and sending tens of thousands gathered for 4/20, an annual marijuana celebration, fleeing the area, police said. The man and woman who were shot were expected to survive, and police were looking for one or two suspects, said Denver Police spokesman Sonny Jackson. Police asked festival attendees for possible photo or video of the shootings, and had no immediate motive. Witnesses described a scene in which a jovial atmosphere quickly turned to one of panic at the downtown Civic Center Park just before 5 p.m. Several thought firecrackers were being set off, then a man fell bleeding, his dog also shot. "I saw him fall, grabbing his leg," said Travis Craig, 28, who was at the celebration, saw the shooting and said he used a belt to apply a tourniquet to the man's leg. "He was just screaming that he was in pain, and wanted to know where his girlfriend was. She was OK. And then the cops showed up real quick, like, less than a minute. They put him on ambulance and left."

The annual pot celebration this year was expected to draw as many as 80,000 people after recent laws in Colorado and Washington made marijuana legal for recreational use. A sizable police force on motorcycles and horses had been watching the celebration since its start earlier Saturday. But authorities, who generally look the other way at public pot smoking here on April 20, didn't arrest people for smoking in public, which is still illegal. Police said earlier in the week that they were focused on crowd security in light of attacks that killed three at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. "We're aware of the events in Boston," said Denver police spokesman Aaron Kafer, who declined to give specifics about security measures being taken. "Our message to the public is that, if you see something, say something." Stephanie Riedel, who traveled to the pot celebration from Pittsburgh, said she was dancing with a hula hoop when she heard pops. A man ran past her, then she said the crowd started screaming and running away. She was about 20 feet from the shooting and heard four or five shots.

"I couldn't make sense of what it was at first," she said. "We were all having a good time and I was in the mindframe of, we're here at a peace gathering. I thought it some guys playing." Rapper Lil' Flip was performing when the shootings occurred. Aerial footage showed the massive crowd frantically running from the park. Ian Bay, who was skateboarding through Civic Center Park when shots erupted, said he was listening to music on his headphones when he looked to his right and saw a swarm of hundreds of people running at him. "I sort of panicked. I thought I was going through an anxiety thing because so many people were coming after me," he said. Before the shooting, reggae music filled the air, and so did the smell of marijuana, as celebrants gathered by mid-morning in the park just beside the state Capitol.

Group smoke-outs were planned Saturday from New York to San Francisco. The origins of the number "420" as a code for pot are murky, but the drug's users have for decades marked the date 4/20 as a day to use pot together. Colorado and Washington are still waiting for a federal response to the votes and are working on setting up commercial pot sales, which are still limited to people with certain medical conditions. In the meantime, pot users are free to share and use the drug in small amounts. A citizen advocacy group that opposes marijuana proliferation, Smart Colorado, warned in a statement that public 4/20 celebrations "send a clear message to the rest of the nation and the world about what Colorado looks like." "Does the behavior of the participants in these events reflect well on our state?" asked the head of Smart Colorado, Henny Lasley. A smaller Sunday event scheduled at the park was canceled.

Saturday's attack recalled a similar shooting that left a police officer dead at a crowded jazz concert in Denver's City Park last summer. The 22-year-old suspect in that case pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and faces at least 16 years in prison when he is sentenced at a hearing scheduled for June 21. His attorneys said he was being pursued by gang members when he drew his weapon and fired.

Read more:

Dunno, but these news items have started to become a bit more common after the Boston attacks(and NOT after Sandy Hook)...

5 dead in shootings near Seattle

(CNN) -- Five people died late Sunday in shootings at an apartment complex near Seattle, including one man shot by police, authorities said.

When officers arrived at the scene in Federal Way, Washington, just south of Seattle, they could still hear gunfire, said police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock. They also saw two men lying wounded in a parking lot. Police attempted to rescue the injured men, but one of them reached for a gun, and the officers opened fire, killing him. The second wounded man also died, Schrock told CNN affiliate KOMO. Police then found a third body in the parking lot, as well as two more corpses inside the complex -- one man and one woman, who were in separate apartments. All of the dead were killed by gunfire, Schrock said. No officers were injured. Police do not know what triggered the shooting, which Schrock said was a gun battle involving the four men who died.

New York's JFK airport terminal briefly evacuated over package

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Authorities temporarily evacuated a terminal at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Sunday to investigate a suspicious package, which turned out to be a tube of toothpaste wrapped in duct tape, officials said. The package was found shortly after 4 p.m. EDT (2000 GMT) in the baggage room area of Concourse B in Terminal 4, said Chris Valens, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. After about 90 minutes, the terminal was re-opened. The New York Police Department bomb squad determined that the package was a tube of toothpaste with duct tape around it, Officer James Duffy said. "We determined that it only contained toothpaste," Duffy said. The evacuation comes as the country is on edge following the Boston Marathon bombings and the discovery of letters laced with ricin, a highly lethal poison, addressed to President Barack Obama and Republican U.S. Senator Roger Wicker of Mississippi.

Bomb Threats, USA...

Alabama: 3 Hospitals...

Connecticut: Courthouse...

Pennsylvania: Shopping Village...

Iowa: Neighborhood...

Florida: Office Building...

Man Wearing Camo Shuts Down Philly Visitor's Center...

Here we go again...
FBI investigating shooting incident at Tennessee nuclear power plant

A gunman took at least two shots at a security officer outside the Watts Bar nuclear power plant in east Tennessee and then escaped in a boat, a spokesman for the Tennessee Valley Authority said. The incident, which is being investigated by the FBI and local police authorities, occurred just before 2 a.m. Sunday. TVA spokesman Jim Hopson said the gunman has not been apprehended. FBI officials did not immediately respond to a telephone message left Monday. The power plant, which was not damaged during the shooting, was put on an "unusual event” status—the lowest caution level for a facility regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Hopson said. The facility remained on that status through early Sunday afternoon, he said. Security at the nuclear plant was not compromised during the incident, he said. The security officer also was not injured. “But anytime you have shots taken at a security officer at a nuclear plant, that’s a big issue,” Hopson added. The episode began when a security officer on patrol outside Watts Bar plant noticed an individual standing on the bank of the Tennessee River on plant property. Hopson said the officer challenged the individual, believed to be a white male wearing a hooded sweatshirt. The individual pulled a handgun and took at least two shots at the officer, Hopson said. The security guard returned fire and called for backup. The gunman got into a flat-bottomed boat and escaped downstream. The exchange occurred in less than a minute, Hopson said. Hopson declined to identify the security officer.

RCMP: Alleged terror plot in Canada backed by al Qaeda in Iran; 2 arrested

The RCMP have arrested two people in connection with an alleged al-Qaeda-backed terror plot to derail a Via Rail passenger train. CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife reported earlier Monday that the train the suspects were targeting would have been travelling from New York to Toronto, and the attack would have occurred on the Canadian side of the border. The RCMP would not confirm the targeted train’s route. Police identified the suspects as Chiheb Esseghaier, a resident of Montreal and Raed Jaser, a resident of Toronto. They were arrested Monday morning and are facing criminal charges including conspiracy to carry out an attack against, and conspiring to murder persons unknown for the benefit of, at the direction of, or in association with a terrorist group. Assistant RCMP Commissioner James Malizia, the officer in charge of federal policing operations, said neither of the accused is a Canadian citizen, but would not specify their home countries or how long they have been in Canada.

Preparing for Major Terrorism Exercises Three Cities
May 2(Yes, this is the date stamp in the link)

The federal government has begun preparing three U.S. cities for large-scale, 10-day terrorism-response exercises scheduled this month.

Beginning sometime between May 7 and May 29, local, state and top level federal authorities will respond to simulated weapons of mass destruction attacks in three cities — Denver, Portsmouth, N.H., and the Washington, D.C.-area.

Denver or Portsmouth will face either a simulated biological or a chemical weapons attack. The D.C. metropolitan area will respond to a radiological attack drill — which could range from simply an exposed container of radioactive material to a small nuclear detonation.

Looking for Realism

The congressionally mandated exercises are intended to examine how well local, state and federal authorities are prepared to respond to and together deal with the consequences of a weapons of mass destruction attack.

“The goal of the exercise is to assess the nation’s crisis consequence management capacity under extraordinarily stressful conditions,” the Department of Justice said in a statement released Thursday.

Specific dates and characteristics of the exercise are being withheld from participants, to make the tests as realistic as possible.

Volunteers and professional actors will play the roles of victims, who will be rescued, diagnosed, decontaminated and treated over the 10-day period. A “virtual news network” will be created that will broadcast on the exercises every hour on the hour.

But the exercises will not be too realistic, authorities say. No weapons or agents will be released and, to minimize the risk of public panic or real-life accidents, emergency responders will not be speeding with lights and sirens blaring to the scenes of attack.

“We’re doing as much as we can by way of outreach through the media to ensure that all of the residents in the jurisdiction or the cities that we’re exercising in know that they’re occurring, knowing that they’re safe from harm,” said Doug Johnson, the Justice Department’s spokesman for the exercises.

Congress has provided $3.5 million for the Denver and Portsmouth exercises, which are called “TOPOFF,” reflecting the participation of senior officials. The exercise in the D.C. area, involving district and Prince Georges County, Md., authorities, is called National Capital Region 2000, or NCR-2000 for short.

All Levels Involved

The three exercises are expected to involve all key personnel who would respond to an attack: federal agency personnel and state and local emergency responders, including police, fire and emergency medical personnel.

Though terrorism response exercises are conducted routinely across the country, “this marks the first time that an exercise of this scope, with the participation of top-level federal, state and local officials, has ever been conducted,” the Justice Department said.

Mayors, city managers, state governors are expected to participate, as are some senior federal officials: Attorney General Janet Reno, Federal Emergency Management Agency Director James Lee Witt, and Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala.

Justice and the FEMA will be the lead federal agencies in the exercise.

Car bomb hits French Embassy in Libya
4/23/13 A car bomb went off outside the French Embassy in Tripoli, Libya, on Tuesday, a Libyan Foreign Ministry official said. The official said two guards were hurt, but no one had died. Television images showed extensive damage to buildings in the area. "I think there were two blasts, the first was very loud and then there was a smaller one," a  witness told Reuters. "There was some black smoke at first, and then it turned white."

BornAgain2 wrote:
Preparing for Major Terrorism Exercises Three Cities
May 2(Yes, this is the date stamp in the link)

'fraid this is a news story from 2000-2007.  Looks like it was sourced in error by, then picked up by

The primary goal of all TOPOFF exercises is to promote unity of effort. These exercises improve the capability of government officials and agencies, both within the U.S. and abroad, to provide an effective, coordinated, strategic response to all aspects of a WMD attack.

The first TOPOFF was held in May 2000 in Denver, Colorado and Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Denver participants faced a simulated chemical attack, while New Hampshire participants were confronted with a biological attack.

TOPOFF 2, conducted in May 2003, included over 8,000 participants in Seattle, Washington and Chicago, Illinois and involved significant participation by the Canadian Government.

TOPOFF 3, held in April 2005 involved a biological attack in New Jersey and a chemical attack in Connecticut. Over 20,000 participants were involved representing more than 250 federal, state, and local agencies, private businesses, volunteer groups, and international organizations. Canada and the United Kingdom joined the simulation as international partners that conducted simultaneous, related exercises in concert with U.S. efforts. DOS took the lead in organizing the international component by managing the interface among the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. The benefit of international participation in the TOPOFF exercises cannot be overstated. The United Kingdom’s efficient response and management of the London subway bombing of July 2005 were due in part to the lessons learned from their participation in TOPOFF 3.

TOPOFF 4 involved over 23,000 participants from Federal, international, State, territorial, regional, tribal, local, volunteer, and private sector organizations. TOPOFF 4 was conducted from October 15-24, 2007, and simulated Radiological Dispersal Device (RDD), or “dirty bomb” attacks in the Territory of Guam, Portland, Oregon, and Phoenix, Arizona. The scenario simulated casualties and widespread contamination, and although real weapons were not used, the response was mounted as if they had been.

Three international partners participated in TOPOFF 4: Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. As in previous TOPOFF exercises, S/CT managed the international aspects of the exercise, which focused on crisis management, information sharing, consular operations, and public messaging. International activities focused on border issues, commercial aviation to and from the United States, and U.S. acceptance of international offers of assistance. Teams from Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom deployed to exercise locations to assist their citizens, and to interact with local and Federal authorities. In Washington DC, DOS activated an Exercise Task Force and participated in high level meetings with other Department and Agency decision-makers. In addition, DOS deployed a representative to the Joint Field Office in Portland to coordinate with the international teams and domestic interagency responders. American Embassies in Canberra, Ottawa and London convened Emergency Action Committees and worked closely with host governments and the DOS Task Force.

You gotta be kidding me... Rolling Eyes

Security beefed up at 2013 NFL draft

The National Football League will take additional security measures at Radio City Music Hall for the 2013 draft, the league announced Tuesday.
The annual event is scheduled to begin April 25-27. Anyone entering Radio City will be subjected to screenings, including metal detectors and pat-downs. Those who don't all won't be allowed to enter. As a result of the increased measures, fans are encouraged to arrive early. "The NFL and its clubs have operated with a very high level of security since 9/11 for all of our games and events," Jeffrey Miller, NFL vice president and chief security officer, said in a statement.
Man accused of carrying improvised explosives on New Jersey train: report

By David Jones

NEWARK, New Jersey (Reuters) - A Jersey City man was charged with having explosives material at his home and on a train just days before the Boston Marathon bombings, but authorities said there was no indication he planned to detonate the devices, the Jersey Journal reported on Thursday.

The article on the paper's website also said the man, Mykyta Panasenko, 27, was charged in New Jersey state court and released.

Jersey City police spokesman Stan Eason confirmed that Panasenko was charged but gave no further details.

Panasenko was charged with having at his home on April 5 two improvised explosive devices made from a cylinder containing the propellant powder Pyrodex, the newspaper reported.

He was also charged with recklessly creating widespread risk of injury or damage to a building by constructing the devices, and with having the explosives material on April 7 aboard a NJ Transit Train leaving Hoboken, New Jersey, and bound for Suffern, New York, the paper said.

A statement from unnamed law enforcement authorities said "there is no indication at this point of the investigation that he intended to detonate a device in his building or on the transit system," according to the paper.

"Police recovered components of an explosive device at his home, not a completed device," the statement said, according to the Jersey Journal. "However, the investigation revealed that he did transport completed devices from his home at some point."

The Boston Marathon bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 264 others occurred on April 15, the same day authorities filed an initial charge against Panasenko, according to the paper, which did not cite any other connection between the two cases.

FBI Special Agent Barbara Woodruff referred inquiries regarding Panasenko to the Hudson County Prosecutor's office, which is handling the case. The U.S. Attorney's office in Newark declined to comment and Panasenko could not be reached for comment.

UGA: Backpacks Won’t Be Allowed At Graduation

ATLANTA (AP/WAOK) – The University of Georgia will ban backpacks in the school’s football stadium during its commencement ceremony on May 10.

University officials said that due to the recent events in Boston, they are asking all media and photographers to wear credentials approved by the president’s office. Other than certain bags carried by credentialed media, no bags larger than a cubic foot will be allowed inside Sanford Stadium.

Officials say UGA’s spring undergraduate ceremony typically draws tens of thousands of spectators.

The April 15 bombings at the Boston Marathon killed three people, injured more than 260 and virtually shut down the city during an intense manhunt.

Houston police confirm shots fired at Bush Intl. Airport @Twitter, May 2 2013
Teenagers, social media, and terrorism: a threat level hard to assess

Authorities are leaning more toward zero tolerance of teenagers who fling around online threats about acts of violence or terrorism. As a result, what might have once merited a slap on the wrist may today result in criminal charges.


The case of teenager Cameron Dambrosio might serve as an object lesson to young people everywhere about minding what you say online unless you are prepared to be arrested for terrorism.

The Methuen, Mass., high school student was arrested last week after posting online videos that show him rapping an original song that police say contained “disturbing verbiage” and reportedly mentioned the White House and the Boston Marathon bombing. He is charged with communicating terrorist threats, a state felony, and faces a potential 20 years in prison. Bail is set at $1 million.

Whether the arrest proves to be a victory in America's fight against domestic terrorism or whether Cameron made an unfortunate artistic choice in the aftermath of the Boston bombing will become clear as the wheels of justice advance. What is apparent now, however, is that law enforcement agencies are tightening their focus on the social media behavior of US teenagers – not just because young people often fit the profile of those who are vulnerable to radicalization, but also because the public appears to be more accepting of monitoring and surveillance aimed at preventing attacks, even at the risk of government overreach.

“When I was young, calling a bomb threat to your high school because you didn’t want to go to school that day was treated with a slap on the wrist. Try that nowadays and you’re going to prison, no question about it. They are taking it more seriously now,” says Rob D'Ovidio, a criminal justice professor at Drexel University in Philadelphia who specializes in high-tech crime.

Teenagers are generally blissfully unaware that law enforcement agencies are creating cyber units to track and investigate developing ways that criminals, or would-be criminals, research, socialize, and plot nefarious actions, from child molestation to domestic terrorism. The Boston Marathon bombing suspects, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, fit this profile: Each maintained a YouTube page and Twitter feed that promoted the teachings of a radical Muslim cleric. alongside innocuous postings about music and sports. For law enforcement officials, filtering what does and does not constitute a threat is a delicate balancing act that, since the April 15 bombing, may be tilting to the side of additional caution over individuals' free speech.

“The danger of this in light of the tragedy in Boston is that law enforcement is being so risk-averse they are in danger of crossing that line and going after what courts would ultimately deem as free speech,” Mr. D'Ovidio says.

Three people were killed and at least 260 injured in the two bomb blasts near the Boston Marathon finish line on April 15. Since then, questions have been raised about how authorities missed signals, especially after alerts from Russian intelligence, that one of the bombing suspects had become radicalized. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, killed after a gunfight with police, had been under surveillance by Russia for six months when he traveled there in 2011 and 2012, besides his activity on social media.

“The bottom line is that the public wants to know, after the fact, why [an attack] was not stopped.… Most Americans are prepared to maintain a sophisticated watch on this without [government] overreach, but most Americans also feel if these things can be stopped before they begin, they want to see that happen,” says Michael Greenberger, a law professor at the University of Maryland Center for Health and Homeland Security.

Some authorities say that zooming in on unusual behavior online fits squarely with how police have conducted random searches on the street.

“The greatest mystery in life is the human mind. We don’t know what other people do until it becomes known. Our job is to figure it out, but we need indicators to know something’s not right,” says Sgt. Ed Mullins of the New York Police Department, who is also president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, the city’s second-largest police union.

Using a zero tolerance approach to track domestic terrorists online is the only reasonable way to analyze online threats these days, especially after the Boston Marathon bombing and news that the suspects had subsequently planned to target Times Square in Manhattan, Mullins says. The way law enforcement agencies approach online activity that appears sinister is this: “If you’re not a terrorist, if you’re not a threat, prove it," he says.

“This is the price you pay to live in free society right now. It’s just the way it is,” Mullins adds.

That method can result in arrests of teenagers whose online activity may be more aptly characterized as stupid pranks.

In February, Jessica Winslow and Ti'jeanae Harris, two high school girls in Rapids Parish, La., were arrested and charged with 10 counts of terrorism each after they allegedly e-mailed threats to students and faculty “to see if they could get away with it,” detectives told a local television news station. “We take every threat in our schools as a credible threat, and I am happy to say we have made these arrests,” Sheriff William Earl Hilton told reporters.

In January, Alex David Rosario, a high school student in Armada Village, Mich., was charged with domestic terrorism after he allegedly threatened to shoot fellow employees at the Subway shop where he worked. He told police it was a joke. “We feel threatening to kill somebody is not a joke. It doesn’t appear the prosecutor takes it as a joke either and the judge certainly doesn’t,” said Armada Police Chief Howard Smith.

Then there is the case of Abdella Ahmad Tounisi, a Chicago-area teenager arrested last year after trying to join, over the Internet, a Syrian militant group linked to Al Qaeda. Last week, a federal judge allowed Mr. Tounisi home confinement while awaiting trial.

Militant and hate groups are known to use the Internet to lure teenagers “to gain their sympathy” through video games, music, or rhetoric that plays to themes of alienation, D'Ovidio says. Connecting with terrorists would have been impossible in the past, but today, as is alleged in the Tounisi case, anyone with a grudge or curiosity, or both, and an Internet connection can open that dialogue. Foolishly, the teens perceive that they are operating anonymously and within a safe environment, D'Ovidio says.

“We know these groups are catering and looking for these individuals," he says. "They create the right environment for experimentation for kids who may have a proclivity of being disgruntled toward the US government.”

Easy access to online media, plus the urge to rebel, is a combustible mix that should make parents vigilant, cautions Stephen Balkam, chief executive officer of the Family Online Safety Institute, a nonprofit advocacy group in Washington that wants teenagers to be better informed about the outcomes of what they post, tweet, or upload online.

“Every generation of teenagers has figured out a way of rebelling against their parents, or giving it back to ‘the man.’ What I think is unprecedented is the very ‘man’ and the system they want to rebel against can track them and find their digital footprints online,” Mr. Balkam says. “In a sense, it’s good that we can catch kids who are getting radicalized sooner than later, but by the same token, it’s a challenge for kids to grow and develop, which is their job as a teenager, if they are being scrutinized too much.”
FBI says arrest in Minn. disrupted 'terror attack'

The agency says the suspect's mobile home was stocked with firearms, pipe bombs.

The FBI said Monday that a "terror attack was disrupted" by the arrest of a man whose mobile home in western Minnesota was allegedly stocked with firearms, suspected pipe bombs and gasoline bombs.

Buford Rogers, 24, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He remains in federal custody it is not immediately clear if he has an attorney.

The FBI says a alleged attack was in its "planning stages" and the target was believed to be in the state of Minnesota. The agency said in a statement that it believes their operation potentially saved the lives of several local residents.

FBI spokesman Kyle Loven wouldn't elaborate Monday on the nature or target of the alleged plot, but says authorities believe there "would have been a localized terror attack, and that's why law enforcement moved quickly."

According to a federal affidavit obtained by The Associated Press on Friday, FBI agents from the domestic terrorism squad searched the property at the mobile home park in Montevideo and discovered the gasoline bombs, suspected pipe bombs and firearms.

The affidavit said Buford was there at the time of the search, and one firearm recovered from Buford's residence was a Romanian AKM assault rifle.

In an interview with authorities, Rogers admitted firing the weapon on two separate occasions at a gun range in Granite Falls, Minn., the affidavit said. Rogers has a past conviction for felony burglary and is not allowed to have a firearm.

Rogers' 2011 felony burglary conviction stems from an incident in Lac qui Parle County. He also has a 2009 misdemeanor conviction for dangerous handling of a weapon in Hennepin County, as well as other criminal violations, according to online court records.

Brooklyn Federal Court Building On Lockdown After Anthrax Threat

The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, located in Brooklyn, was on lockdown shortly after 4:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon after an anthrax threat, a court official and a security personnel for the court confirmed to TPM.

A source in the courthouse passed along an email from the court clerk informing court personnel of the threat.

“An envelope was received with an anthrax threat and a white power and was released in the main clerk’s office on the first floor. Only one staff member came into direct contact with the powder,” the email read.

“At this time and until we get an all clear from the USMS, no one can leave that area once they have entered. It is very important that no one enter that space (mail room, file room, docketing, intake, personnel, etc) and that the judges’ elevator on the Adams Street side of the building not be used to exit on the first floor.”

The USMS is the U.S. Marshal’s Service, which, among other things, provides security for the federal courts. (Update: A USMS official confirmed the anthrax threat and said it was under investigation. The official said there have been “no injuries or illnesses.”)

The source said she saw a New York City Fire Department ambulance, three police cars and a firetruck outside the window of her courthouse office.

Earlier Tuesday, the same courthouse was the scene of oral arguments in a high-profile case in which the Obama administration is facing off against reproductive rights advocates over access to Plan B, known as the morning-after pill.

Mission College locked down after cardboard cutout mistaken for gun
5/6/13 and wires


Santa Clara's Mission College went into lockdown for about 45 minutes Monday afternoon after a cardboard cutout of a gun was mistaken for the real thing, a school spokesman said.

As part of a sociology of criminology class project where students were to dress up as criminals, one student wore a ski mask and carried a cardboard cutout of a gun, school spokesman Peter Anning said.

The student was taking pictures before the class began when another student panicked and called Santa Clara police at 2:47 p.m. to report a person with a gun, he said.

Mission College went into lockdown at 2:53 p.m.

Police located and spoke with the student, and the lockdown was lifted about 45 minutes later, Anning said.

Teacher removes explosive from Colorado school

DENVER (AP) — A teacher removed a suspicious package left inside a northern Colorado school that was later determined to be an active explosive, authorities said Tuesday.

However, police in Lafayette were cautious about calling the teacher a hero.

"That would not be a recommended protocol for the safety of the person carrying it," police Cmdr. Gene McCausey said. "Whether it was a smart thing to do or the teacher's a hero, that would be left up to the reader."

Still, he said, "If my kid was in that school I would be very thankful that he or she removed it for safety."

The name of the teacher was not released.

Police arrested a 16-year-old boy after the apparent pipe bomb prompted the evacuation of Centaurus High School on Monday. He was taken into custody at his home, where investigators said they found additional evidence.

His name was not released because he is a juvenile.

Police described the device as similar to a pipe bomb and said it was removed by a bomb squad robot from the campus and detonated in a construction lot.

McCausey said the device was found by the teacher in a paper bag.

The Daily Camera ( ) said the teacher took the device outside before police arrived. School officials wouldn't discuss what happened or make the teacher available for comment.

McCausey said the device had a 9-volt battery and could have hurt people nearby had it exploded in the school.

The school was evacuated as police worked into the night to search the school and cars abandoned in the parking lot by fleeing students and teachers. Students returned to classes on Tuesday.

The teen was being held on suspicion of felony possession of explosive/incendiary parts, felony menacing and misdemeanor interference of an educational institution by threat with a deadly weapon.

Students said they didn't know what was going on during the evacuation.

"We thought it was a fire drill. They didn't really tell us anything," senior Kayla Vellitt told the newspaper

About 1,000 students attend the school, which has a pre-engineering program.

Homewood High School placed on lockdown following discovery of unattended book bag

HOMEWOOD, Alabama -- Homewood High administrators placed the school on lockdown this morning after a staff member discovered an unattended black book bag in the building.

At approximately 9 a.m. this morning, a man entered the front office area and placed a black book bag on a bench inside the building. He then proceeded to leave the premises without notifying office staff and left the bag behind. According to a release about the incident, a staff member discovered the bag and immediately notified administrators.

It was then that administrators decided to place the school on lockdown and notified the police department

The Homewood Police Department, with assistance from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department, X-rayed the bag to determine its contents. The bag was found to contain student supplies and posed no threat.

"While this was an unfortunate event, we appreciate the response from our administrators in following safety protocol and the police departments' immediate response," read a statement released by Homewood City Schools.

At approximately 10 a.m. classes resumed their normal schedule.

"With student safety being a priority, this is a good reminder that when bringing items to school you must check items in with the front office staff," concluded the statement.

Los Angeles buildings emptied after devices found

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A police bomb squad detonated 17 homemade explosive devices found in an apartment on Wednesday after officers spotted an explosive liquid in a man's car during a routine traffic stop, authorities said.

Robert Wilson, 29, was booked on felony possession of a destructive device, police Sgt. Rudy Lopez said. Authorities said there were no signs he planned to use the devices. They believe he acted alone and had no apparent link to terrorism.

Wilson was described as a "hobbyist, lone wolf, tweaker" on probation for a weapons violation, said Los Angeles police Deputy Chief Michael Downing, who heads the department's counter-terrorism and special operations bureau. A small amount of methamphetamine was also found in his apartment.

"He's not in any federal databases, not associated with any groups or gangs," Downing said. "He's just kind of a loner and it was probably more experimental."

Wilson built the explosives because he was curious about them, Sgt. Frank Preciado said.

The bomb squad went to an apartment complex in the Palms neighborhood of west Los Angeles after officers stopped Wilson for improper vehicle registration on Tuesday night and spotted a suspicious clear liquid, Lopez said. A bomb squad analysis showed it had explosive contents.

Officers also found a .45 Colt handgun and narcotics in the car. That discovery prompted the search of the man's apartment. The complex and three surrounding buildings were evacuated, and several blocks were sealed off.

Officers found explosive devices — primarily pipe bombs and their component parts in various stages of construction, Downing said.

They detonated them on a nearby closed-off street behind a bunker.

Residents were directed to a nearby shelter during the evacuation that lasted throughout the day.

All Monterey Park schools on lockdown after 'shoot up' threat

All schools in Monterey Park have been placed on lockdown and East Los Angeles College has been evacuated after an anonymous caller threatened to "shoot up" an unknown campus Thursday morning, authorities said.

The shooting was supposed to happen at 8 a.m., the caller said.

Officers have been deployed to all Monterey Park schools and 10 campuses have been locked down.

Monterey Park police Chief Jim Smith said no gunman has been seen.

He cautioned: "It's really sketchy information."

A source familiar with the investigation said a caller on a cellphone threatened a shooting at a large school in Monterey Park. The call was routed through the California Highway Patrol and then the sheriff’s office.

A dispatcher with the CHP said it received a call about 7:14 a.m.

Authorities traced the call and found that the nearest campus to the caller was East Los Angeles College and sent the information to the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department. No specific campus was named in the threat, Monterey Park police said.

Numerous roads in the area have been closed

^^ Well, they arrested a college student for this. Dunno, but nothing makes any sense any more.
College student arrested for threats to schools across Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Police arrested a college student accused of making telephone threats that sparked security alerts across the Los Angeles area on Thursday, including the evacuation of a community college and the lockdown of a second college campus and numerous public schools.

East Los Angeles College was evacuated while students and staff at about 10 nearby public schools were confined to their campuses after police received an anonymous call at about 8 a.m. local time from a person saying he was headed to a school with a gun, the sheriff's department said.

A similar security scare unfolded at about the same time in Santa Monica, about 20 miles across the Los Angeles metropolitan area to the west, where Santa Monica College and an adjacent middle school were both placed on a security lockdown, according to police.

In that case, the caller described himself as armed and suicidal and intent on engaging in a shooting spree at the college.

Law enforcement personnel swarmed into both areas to search for signs of a gunman, and it was initially unclear whether the two incidents were related.

But the evacuations, lockdowns and related road closures were lifted after a 19-year-old student of Santa Monica College was arrested as a suspect in the threats to both areas.

He was ultimately located in the college's psychological services office, where he had gone seeking help, a Santa Monica Police Department spokesman, Sergeant Richard Lewis, said.

Lewis said the individual was taken into custody without incident, and turned out not to be armed. He was not publicly identified.

(Reporting and writing by Steve Gorman; Editing by Cynthia Johnston, Kenneth Barry and Jan Paschal)

Warriors Fans Killed in Oakland After Game Let Out

The victims were from Pittsburg and Richmond

By Lisa Fernandez and Christie Smith

|  Friday, May 17, 2013  |  Updated 6:57 PM PDT

A shooting as the Warriors game let out Thursday night left two fans dead - the driver of a Porsche was killed by bullets and the passenger was killed as he staggered out onto Interstate 880 in Oakland.

Now, police are turning to Warriors fans and nearby surveillance video from the Coliseum for help in finding the killers. Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said Friday that the two men were leaving the arena about 10:35 p.m., when the shooting broke out.

The victims identities were not released Friday, but the driver was a 30-year-old man from Pittsburg and the passenger was a 28-year-old from Richmond.

As of Friday morning, the men had not been identified. Authorities said that it appeared as though they were heading home to Contra Costa County.

The men were also wearing Warriors clothing and had tickets to the playoff game on Thursday, which were found inside their 2010 Porsche Panamera, Watson said.

Police said it appears as though people in two cars were shooting at each other. The people in the second car have not been found. On Friday, witnesses told authorities the second car may have been a dark-colored SUV.

The driver was killed by the bullets, authorities said, and the passenger was killed when he was struck by an oncoming car - he had staggered out onto the highway after the bullets whizzed into the Porsche.

California Highway Patrol spokesman Sam Morgan said his officers were processing the highway at Jackson Street, looking for shell casings to collect more evidence. Oakland police will be handling the homicide investigation.

The freeway was shut down for hours, causing major traffic backups for people leaving the Golden State Warriors game, where the team lost, 94-82, to the San Antonio Spurs in Game 6, ending their season. The highway was re-opened at 2:30 a.m. Friday.

The pair of killings brought Oakland's homicide numbers up to 37. Last year at this time, there were 46.
MLB Prepares New DHS Screening Measures at All Ballparks

Boston bombing used as excuse for increased security roll out

Major League Baseball teams began announcing new metal detection screening measures Tuesday, a mandatory league-wide policy expecting full implementation by 2015.

Using the Boston Marathon bombing as justification, all venues have been required to subject fans to hand-held metal detection sweeps or walk-through magnetometers, a result of the Department of Homeland Security’s encroaching relationship with professional sports leagues.

“This procedure, which results from MLB’s continuing work with the Department of Homeland Security to standardize security practices across the game, will be in addition to bag checks that are now uniform throughout MLB,” baseball spokesman Michael Teevan told the Associated Press.

Following a preliminary test phase at several ballparks, teams such as the Seattle Mariners have announced the implementation of walk-through detectors for the upcoming season, a policy the MLB claims no fan opposes.

“We conducted testing of these measures at the All-Star game and at both World Series venues last year, and we were pleased that it was effective and received without issue from fans,” Teevan said.

Commenting on the new policy in an official press release, Seattle Mariners Security Director Sylvester Servance reassured fans that the screening process was in their best interests.

“The Mariners and Major League Baseball are keenly aware of the current security environment at public events,” Servance said. “We believe this step is necessary, poses minimal inconvenience, and ultimately will serve the best interests of all fans.”

Despite evidence indicating clear foreknowledge, the federal government has continued to use the Boston Marathon as justification for increased police state measures across the board.

Just last year, bags and purses were banned from all National Football League stadiums at the discretion of the DHS. Claiming bombs are likely to be smuggled through items such as seat cushions, fans are now required to carry their possessions in one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags.

Just this week, the U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration announced that a low flying helicopter would be used to monitor radiation levels at the upcoming Super Bowl in New Jersey, an over-the-top measure to stop potential “dirty bombs.”

During the 2012 Super Bowl, thousands of stadium vendors were taught how to spot “potential terrorist activities” during a mandated TSA training program. Fans were also subject to full body pat downs, a policy ordered by the DHS in 2011.

While strangling the public’s Fourth Amendment in the name of alleged security, a recent Freedom of Information Act request uncovered documents that confirmed the State Department’s role in allowing members of the Muslim Brotherhood, a known terrorist group, to bypass airport security while traveling through the US in 2012.

Despite bee stings being statistically more dangerous to human life than terrorism, the federal government continues in its attempts to create a paranoid society, always keeping the public’s attention away from the proven historical danger, government itself. Forum Index -> Conspiracy, Terrorism
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum